Burkina Faso’s football federation canceled the 2019/2020 football season due to disruptions occasioned by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The decision was arrived at after an emergency meeting of the Burkinabé Football Federation on Monday in light of the spread of the deadly virus in a country which has recorded 672 COVID-19 cases and killed 46 people.
“We will consider the 2019-2020 competitions as having never taken place,” the federation said.
Taking into account the federation’s pronouncement, no team will be relegated from the country’s top-tier league.
The following are also canceled by the Federation of Burkina Faso due to coronavirus:
The national championship of the 1st female division,
The national championship – 2nd female division,
– The U17 National Women’s Championship,
– The Faso Ladies Cup 2020.
According to the federation, teams were to remain as they were with their 2018-2019 season achievements with no repetition of prizes.
- CAF Women’s Champions League should be impactful- Banyana coach Ellis - July 5, 2020
- Ellis slams CAF over 2020 AWCON cancellation - July 5, 2020
- Credit Danny Jordaan for CAF Women’s Champions League- Natasha Tsichlas - July 5, 2020