The Football Association of Malawi has announce the Malawi National Women’s Football Team will regroup on Friday at the Mpira Village in Blantyre to start preparations for a 2020 Tokyo Olympic Second Round Qualifier against Kenya later this month.
The team took a week break camp after returning from South Africa on Wednesday last week following their exit in the group stages of the just ended COSAFA Women’s Championship.
Coach Abel Mkandawire has maintained the same group he had in camp for the COSAFA preparations with the addition of the Chawinga sisters Temwa and Tabitha who ply their trades in Sweden and China respectively.
The two missed the COSAFA tournament due to club commitments but will be available for the Kenya matches.
Malawi will host Kenya in the first leg at the Kamuzu Stadium in Blantyre on August 28 with the second leg scheduled for Nairobi, Kenya three days later.
The She- Flames defeated Mozambique 14-1 on aggregate in the first-round back in May.
The winner between Malawi and Kenya will face the winner between Gabon and Ghana in the third round.
Below is the full squad:
1. Ruth Mhango – DD Sunshine youth
2. Martha Banda – BT Zero
3. Mercy Sikelo – Ntopwa
4. Samir Amidu – DD Sunshine
5. Towera Vinkhumbo – BT Zero
6. Fatsileni Kazembe – Skippers
7. Patricia Nyirenda – Ntopwa
8. Maureen Phiri – CY Sisters
9. Chimwemwe Madise – BT Zero
10. Emily Jossam – Skippers
11. Ruth Nyirongo – Skippers
12. Salome Vinkhumbo – BT Zero
13. Sylvia Phiri – Ntopwa
14. Wezzie Mvula – DD Sunshine
15. Chikondi Gondwe – CY Sister
16. Zainabu Kapanda – BT Zero
17. Madyna Nguluwe – DD Sunshine
18. Bridget Mkuzilire – DD Sunshine
19. Chimwemwe Bonongwe – Ntopwa
20. Fanny Mwale – DD Sunshine
21. Shira Dimba – BT Zero
22. Sabina Thom – Unattached
23. Asimenye Simwaka – Topik
24. Mary Chavinda – BT Zero
25. Loveness Nyakamera – Skippers
26. Linda Kasenda – Skippers
27. Enelecio Mhango – DD Sunshine
28. Tabitha Chawinga – Jiangsu Suning (China)
29. Temwa Chawinga – Kvaransverdens IK (Sweden)