Manchester United could lose Paul Pogba this summer as PSG are keen to sign him in a bargain deal and this is why the Red Devils are targeting a move for Atletico Madrid’s Saul Niguez.
United have been linked with Saul for some time but according to The Mirror, the Premier League side are now seriously looking at the Spanish international as a viable replacement for Paul Pogba
The report claims: “United would therefore need to reinvest in a top class midfielder and it is claimed the club are exploring a move for Atletico Madrid star Saul Niguez.
“Saul has long been linked with a move to the Premier League but has been unattainable due to a steep £128m buyout clause.
However, United could capitalise on Atletico’s financial strain and sign the Spaniard for just £45m in this summer’s transfer window.”
- Man United to outsmart Liverpool in the signing of Saul Niguez?
- Read: Solskjaer talks about midfielder’s future amidst heavy PSG interest.
- Read: Real Madrid join Man United in the race to sign this 26 Y/O midfielder who could replace Pogba.
- Read: Major hints suggest Man United are on the verge of signing this most-wanted defender.
- Read: Should Liverpool target this Arsenal player instead of Jarrod Bowen?
- Read: West Ham become the 5th club interested in signing this Liverpool player.
- Read: Will this 21 Y/O winger choose a summer move to Liverpool or Tottenham Hotspur?
Man United to outsmart Liverpool in the signing of Saul Niguez?
Liverpool also hold a major interest in the Spanish midfielder as they look to bring in a replacement for Gini Wijnaldum, who left as a free agent at the end of last season. And they are surely not letting Manchester United rest easy for the next few months.
Atletico Madrid were ready to send Saul Niguez to Barcelona in a swap deal for Antoine Griezmann but nothing concrete has materialized from this deal so far.
It’s safe to say that Saul is up for sale this summer and now teams like Liverpool and Man United will only have to make the right bid.
View this post on Instagram
But, having said that, Manchester United will only make a move for the Atleti man if they are sure they won’t be able to hold onto Paul Pogba beyond 2022.
This means Liverpool still have some time to make prompt moves and agree on a transfer for the 26-year-old before Man United learn the fate of their French international.
The Premier League clubs are expected to fight it out for the remainder of the transfer window but if Barcelona are ready to offer Antoine Griezmann back to Atletico Madrid then there’s no way Saul Niguez is coming to England.
Read: Real Madrid join Man United in the race to sign this 26 Y/O midfielder who could replace Pogba.