CRISTIANO RONALDO is featuring for Portugal against Spain tonight in a crunch Nations League tie.
But you may be wondering why CR7 is sporting a rather nasty looking black eye…
Why does Cristiano Ronaldo have a black eye?
Cristiano Ronaldo was involved in a sickening collision during Portugal’s 4-0 win over Czech Republic at the weekend.
The 37-year-old was left a bloody mess after being clattered by goalkeeper Tomas Vaclik during their Nations League fixture on Saturday.
Ronaldo jumped up to challenge for the ball in the 12th minute at the Sinobo Stadium in Prague as keeper Vaclik went to claim it.
It resulted in Vaclik’s arms smashing into the Manchester United star’s face, which left him sprawled across the floor as medics rushed to his aid.
He was eventually able to return to the pitch after Portugal‘s physios managed to stem the flow of blood.
What time does Portugal vs Spain kick off?
- Portugal vs Spain is on Tuesday, September 27.
- It is scheduled to kick off at 7:45pm UK time – same time locally.
- Estadio Municipal de Braga in Braga, Portugal is the allocated arena for this huge match and it can host around 30,286 fans.
- Ricardo Horta’s 82nd minute strike ensured Portugal held Spain to a 1-1 draw in June this year.
What live stream and TV channel is Portugal vs Spain on?
- Portugal vs Spain will be broadcasted LIVE on Box Nation in the UK which is part of the Premier Sports pack.
- Build up is scheduled to commence from 7:35pm UK time – 10 minutes before kick-off.
- Subscription holders of Premier Sports can also stream entire action live through the Premier Sports website or Premier Sports Player app.